The Caretaker's Concern can be blamed on Wreck-Loose Island Publishing.
Send all complaints to:
WLIPublishing P.O. Box 1521 Bolton Landing, N.Y. 12814

WreckLooseIsland@yahoo.com

Sunday, November 23, 2008

TCC for 11/23/08

The Caretaker's Concern 11/23/08

Lake Temp. 45.5 F.
Ghetto temp. 42 F.
Island tmp. 26 F. Yesterday's L/H: 21.75/23 F.

Current conditions: Light wind from the South, 1 to 2 mph, cloud covered sky, no stars to be seen.

9/15/08


10/13/08


The Caretaker was off Island for the entire day so not much to report on other than that it is still pretty cold. So cold that the Caretaker had to start up his "heat-erator" which is like a refrigerator except that instead of keeping things cold the heat-erator keeps things warm (i.e just above freezing). The heat-erator is essentially a pantry closet with a small heater connected to a thermostat, when the temperature in the closet drops below 34 degrees Fahrenheit it kicks on, thus keeping the Caretaker's groceries and water buckets from freezing.

There was a request by a reader for more dock spiders, the Caretaker has provided however you will have to scroll down to see the photo, if you don't like spiders, don't scroll down.

--The Caretaker
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

11/23/08

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (!)

The Caretaker said...

Hey Anonymous,
In the Winter it gets lonely here on the Island, you have to make friends with whoever or whatever you can, that's my pet spider, don't know its sex but I call it Charolette, I keep it warm during the Winter and it keeps all the other spiders away from me. We have a rather symbiotic relationship. When I'm out and about on the Island it usually likes to go for a ride perched on the bill of my baseball cap. If I remember to one of these days, I'll try and get a picture of it.
Regards,
Jeff

The Caretaker said...

P.S. Just kidding, the spider is not my friend (and it doesn't get lonely here in the Winter), the spider is dead but it is on my hand, no photo-trickery--it's a real dead spider on my hand.