The Caretaker's Concern can be blamed on Wreck-Loose Island Publishing.
Send all complaints to:
WLIPublishing P.O. Box 1521 Bolton Landing, N.Y. 12814

Thursday, February 5, 2009

TCC for 2/5/09

TCC for 2/5/09

Posting of the Caretaker’s Journal entries from 2003 began on the 2nd of February 2009, if you’ve missed the earlier posts click on “TCC for Feb 02” on the left in the “Blog Archive” and begin reading from there.

Unfortunately the Caretaker is currently having some trouble uploading photos, not that he took any today, and there really isn't much to report, so instead the Caretaker has decided to dig out his journal from when he first started working again at the Island. His first stint was during the mid-nineties, then he returned for the Summer of 2003, the text that follows has been edited only for spelling, it is basically a verbatim transcription from his journal (thus unedited except for coherency), this fourth entry is from his fourth day back at the Island. It is as follows:

May 28th, 2003, Wednesday

Much of today was spent working on the shower. I rearranged the “shower curtain rod” (brass tubing) and so now it is much more roomier in there. In the past one couldn’t but help feel as though the shower curtains were trying to entangle you. That is no longer the case. I also arranged a pulley system thus allowing for the convenient means of raising and lowering the sun shower. My shower arrangement is about 98% perfect the remaining 2% shall go unaddressed, I shall just have to accept it how it is.

When I went into town for supplies to complete the shower and other things, I passed a baby turtle in the water on the North side of the bridge between the mainland and Green Island, it looked as though it was floundering, but perhaps it was alright.
After dinner I went for a paddle down to Three Brother Islands. I went down on the East side and then came back North on the West side then on to the West side of Clay Island, rounded it then went back to the Island. It was perfect glass. It has basically been nothing but glass since I have arrived here.

Eventually I made my way around to doing some work for the Island. Overall I spent most of my time working for myself and some for the Island. Tomorrow I shall finish making all the proper arrangements for myself so there will be no more excuses for not doing work on the Island. Ha! Like that’ll be the case—I can always find excuses for not doing work.

End Journal Entry for 5/28/2003

Coming tomorrow the Caretaker’s journal entry for 5/29/2003.

No comments: